'Ox' by Ai Weiwei, 2021
From the artist's 'Zodiac Logo' series with design brand Rome Pays Off.
100% cotton t-shirt featuring the artist's work based on his original from 2021.
Limited Edition (Sold Out).
Plate-signed by the artist on reverse.
Comes new with tags in original packaging.
ABOUT THE ART
This is a medium weight cotton t-shirt featuring Ai Weiwei's "Ox" artwork from his Zodiac Lego series, with the image wrapping around the left side of the body and also appearing on the front and back as a large graphic.
The original artwork is composed of Legos which are visible in the printing, giving it a pixilated look.
- 100% combed cotton jersey in light blue
- Boxy fit
- Order one size down if you prefer less of a loose fit
- Printed artwork appears on the front, left, and back; wrapping around the left side
- Woven label on the hem lists the years of the Ox
- Ai Weiwei's signature is printed on the back under the neckline
- Made in Portugal
- Machine wash cold with like colors; Do not bleach; Do not iron design.
About the artwork: The two-dimensional Ox is from Ai Weiwei's Zodiac Lego series, a group of works created from thousands of LEGO bricks that represent each of the 12 animals in the cycle of the Chinese zodiac.
Given his remarkable life and work, Ai Weiwei (b. 1957, Beijing) stands as a unique international figure. He is both one of the most celebrated contemporary artists and one of the world’s most prominent and respected human rights activists. The exhibition draws on many aspects of his career as a visual artist and architect, and is informed by both his own life experience and the plight of displaced people.
In 2016, Ai and his film team traveled to 23 countries and 40+ refugee camps while filming his documentary feature, Human Flow.